This privacy notice describes how AGT FOODS AFRICA (Pty) Ltd generally handles personal information collected and controlled by AGT FOODS AFRICA. This privacy notice may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in law or changes in AGT FOODS AFRICA’s business operation. This privacy notice was last updated on 01 June 2018.
1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice only applies to AGT FOODS AFRICA and any website of AGT FOODS AFRICA where a link to this privacy notice is provided. This website is controlled by AGT FOODS AFRICA (“AGT”), a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa.
If you are a job applicant, please note that in addition to this privacy notice, a separate privacy notice will apply to personal information collected in addition to this privacy notice.
2. AGT WEBSITE
AGT FOODS AFRICA and other AGT websites to which this privacy notice are hosted in the Britain. If you are located outside Britain, your provision of personal information or other access to or use of our websites result in your personal information being transmitted to Britain, a jurisdiction where the laws protecting personal information may not be equivalent to the laws of your own country. Further, by providing your personal information, you acknowledge that AGT may, depending on your geographical location, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with its Protection of Personal Information Policy (to the extent it is appropriate to do so).
AGT maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed, and you acknowledge this in your access and use of our websites.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we may collect through our websites includes:
- Your name, address, occupation and other contact information;
- Information regarding your dealings with us;
- Any interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas (including job openings);
- Any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our websites; and
- Details of your visits to and usage of our website including the date and time of your visit, the internet address from which you visited and the resources on our website that you viewed.
We may collect the information in various ways:
- From any form you may complete and submit through our websites, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page of our website;
- From the content of surveys that you may complete on our website;
- From ‘cookies’ and other similar tools deployed on our websites (for further information regarding cookies used on our websites, please see Section 6 below)
- When you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you. Such information may be collected through Asco.com when clients’ access AGT client links within this website. Access will be subject to the terms of business we have with clients and any additional terms and conditions of use attached to those sites; and
4. WHAT WE MAY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways and for purposes specified in the relevant parts of the website:
- To facilitate your participation in interactive features you may choose to use on our websites;
- To correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to respond to your queries and requests for information, which may include marketing to you; and
- For the purposes of providing professional services to you via AGT applications; such services will be subject to additional terms and conditions of use including privacy.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
AGT may disclose your personal information to any company affiliated or associated with AGT for the uses and purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties:
- In accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to AGT website links; and
- Where this is necessary for the uses and purposes set out above (for example, where some aspects of our websites’ operations are outsourced to a third-party service provider).
6. COOKIES AND INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
When you visit our website, our server may record your IP address for the purposes of systems administration. In most cases, your IP address is not linked to any of your personal information, but in limited circumstances (e.g. if you log into restricted parts of our website), your IP address can be linked to your personal information. AGT may also gather other non-personal information from you (from which AGT cannot identify you), such as the type of your internet browser, which AGT uses to provide you with a more effective service.
Additionally, when you visit our websites, AGT may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites. You can control the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
In order to help us improve our websites and the services we provide and to improve your experience of using our websites, our websites use two types of cookies:
- Session cookie. This type of cookie is used only on those parts of our websites that are restricted and can only be accessed by authorised users who typically authenticate themselves through their user IDs and passwords (e.g. our online client/carrier tools). This type of cookie is essential to keep authenticated users logged into our websites and to enable them to visit different parts of our websites. It will be stored on your computer for a short period (typically 48 hours) and the information held in it will be accessed automatically to authenticate you when you visit the website again. Otherwise, this cookie will be deleted when you log out and close the browser.
- Google Analytics. This cookie is provided by Google, and we use them on our websites in order to analyze how visitors use our website, thereby helping us to improve our websites. Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our websites, how visitors have arrived to our websites, and which pages on our website the visitors have viewed. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
- Conversant Ad Server (including Dotomi and ValueClick Mediaplex) This cookie is provided by Conversant, and we use them on our main website at Asco.com in order to analyze the way in which visitors reach and navigate within our careers portal, thereby helping us to improve the recruitment-related pages on ASCO.org.za. Conversant collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors who browse our online job listing and which pages within our careers portal the visitors have viewed. Click here for an overview of privacy at Conversant.
Please note that our websites do not recognise or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have. Enabling such feature on your browser will not necessarily affect the way in which our websites operate, and if you wish to disable cookies on our websites, you should not rely on any ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have.
AGT maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of our websites.
From time to time, we may change our privacy notice and post those changes to our website located at www.agtfoods.com/za. The effective date of this privacy notice, as indicated at the beginning of this privacy notice, indicates the last time this privacy notice was revised or materially changed. Checking the effective date below allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the policy. We will notify you of changes to this privacy notice by posting the revised privacy notice on our website.
If you have any question or comment regarding AGT’ use of personal information you provided through our websites, please contact our Head of Compliance, at AGT ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you are an individual based in South Africa and wish to exercise your rights under South Africa’s Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000 in respect of your personal information which is handled by AGT FOODS AFRICA (Pty) Limited (“AGT”), please directly contact AGT’s Information Officer, whose contact details are set out in AGT’s Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual.